little issues?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mtndrew1 said:
Unplugged the car while the conditioning was still active and I ended up in some weird almost-on state with some error message or something. Took a complete reboot of the car to get it back to normal.
Exactly...
Kia needs to FIX IT.
Just as an afterthought, it this was Tesla it's done in less than a week. This is what sets Tesla so much apart from a run-of-the-mill car company.

And one more:

Cruise control. My favorite gadget in any car. Spark EV has one nice touch there, every click ups or lowers the set speed by 1 mph, so you can set exact speed.

Kia apparently uses fuzzy setting so I can never be sure if I'm gonna end up with 62 or 63 mph and I can never really sit on one maintained speed. I like to travel at 63 mph for example. I always end up with 62 or 64, clicking up and clicking down until I just give up.

I also wish the CC buttons were where the 3 buttons are for the small center screen and steering setting. It would be so much more accessible. Maybe the next iteration will have that, right, Kia?

This doesn't match my experience. If I go to 63 and set the cruise it stays at 63.

I do also wish the controls were on the lower right side of the wheel. My favorite cruise control input is the old Toyota thing that stuck out right where you're describing with the on/off switch on the tip, pull towards you to cancel, and bump up or down for speed control.

The biggest adjustment for me has been that everything switched sides for me each of the last four times I've bought cars. My Volt had audio controls where the Soul has cruise so I frequently end up trying to lower the volume but instead end up slowing the car. I'm sure by the the time I get fully acclimated my next car will switch it up again.

Just found another one: when the main/default phone leaves the car, my phone is not automatically recognized as being present...

Back