Range for Fully Charged(?) 2017 Soul

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the information you provided, it appears that the "charge" light on your charger has turned off, leaving only the power light illuminated. Additionally, the three blue lights on the dashboard that indicate the charge level have gone out as well. You are wondering if this means you have a full charge for your electric vehicle (EV).

While I cannot provide real-time diagnostics or confirm the exact status of your charge, typically, when the "charge" light on the charger turns off, it indicates that the battery has reached its maximum capacity and is fully charged. However, it's essential to consult your vehicle's manual or contact the manufacturer to ensure you correctly interpret the charger's light indicators.

Regarding the range of your 4-year-old EV, it's important to note that battery degradation can occur over time. The estimated range of 78 miles for your 2017 Soul EV seems plausible given its age. It's common for electric vehicle batteries to experience some level of degradation over the years, resulting in a reduced range compared to when the vehicle was new.

Factors such as driving habits, climate conditions, and overall battery health can also affect the range of an EV. If you're concerned about the range or battery degradation, it may be beneficial to have your battery assessed by a certified technician or contact the manufacturer to gather more specific information about your vehicle's battery performance and potential warranty coverage.

Remember that the estimated range provided for a new 2017 Soul EV is based on optimal conditions, and actual range may vary. It's always a good idea to manage your expectations and consider the age and usage of your vehicle when evaluating its range capabilities.

I just purchased a 2017 Soul EV with about 25,000 miles on it. My charge to 100% gives me a range of 70 miles. Is that good?

Thanks for the quick response. GOM stands for Guess O Meter right? Sorry new to all of this. What do you mean by cycles? Run it to 20% and back to 100% several times?

What is the battery warranty on the Soul EV? I see some sites claim it's 7 year 100,000 miles and some others say it's 10 year 100,000 miles.

The warranty varies from country to country. You should be able to look it up on your countries Kia website.

I just looked it up on Kia's website for the US. It is 10 year 100k warranty. I was mostly concerned about the battery pack warranty.
https://owners.kia.com/content/owners/en/reference-material.html?page=warranty

ephodges said:
Thanks for the quick response. GOM stands for Guess O Meter right? Sorry new to all of this. What do you mean by cycles? Run it to 20% and back to 100% several times?
GOM - that's right. The cycles I perform are 30% to 80%, as it allegedly prolongs battery life, but that may not fit your operating pattern, so whatever suits you.

Back