Soul EV (U.K.)

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVieSoul

Just wanting to connect with other Soul EV users out there in the U.K., if there are any on the forum.

I am getting my new, to me, soul EV on Saturday. It's an ex demo with 8100 miles on the clock.
I'm not new to EVs as we already own a first edition leaf (with a fab customised paint job). However, in the winter she only delivers around 55 miles. Hoping my EVie Soul delivers more.

Can anyone in the uk, or other countries, comment on realistic range please. I am hoping to be able to do my work to home trip (85 miles round trip) without a charge up. Is this a realistic hope?

Looking forward to meeting more soul owners.

Denise

It's going to depend a lot on the speed. The Soul has a bigger battery than the Leaf but the Leaf is way more aerodynamic. At dual-carriageway speeds and above the Leaf will go further than the Soul, but around town the Soul wins.

EVieSoul said:
Can anyone in the uk, or other countries, comment on realistic range please. I am hoping to be able to do my work to home trip (85 miles round trip) without a charge up. Is this a realistic hope?
In the USA the rated EPA range is 93 miles. I can get that in The Netherlands, but it needs not to be very cold or windy or the range goes down.

Unless you are only driving at slower speeds like 40 or 50 miles per hour I don't think you will always get that distance.

I think the EPA range of the first LEAF is 83 miles (iow not the one with the larger battery). Since you are saying the LEAF will only let you drive 55 miles in the winter, the Soul might give you something like 63 miles but that;s probably pushing it.

I've also just taken delivery of an ex-demo Soul EV, with 7000 miles on the clock.

So far my range is around 65–75. That's with careful driving and no heating. I've been told that the range should increase over time, although when I've asked how long this should take, the answer has been vague.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Hi all

Thought I'd update you on our drive home with EVieSoul.

We bought her in Coatbridge, near Glasgow and headed south on the M74 driving head on into very strong winds and torrential rain and sleet. First leg we arrived at Annandale Water services having travelled 59 miles with 30 miles range still left. Leaving Annandale with a 92% charge and 76 miles on the clock, en-route to complete a further journey of 73 miles.
Throughout the whole journey we had the air conditioning set at 20, we tried the heated seats and heated steering wheel, lights and window screen wipers on throughout to see us through the weather safely. We arrived home with 9 miles left. The average speed was 58 miles an hour. Outside temperature between 4-6 degrees.

All in all we are pretty pleased with the performance considering the weather, motorway conditions etc.

Will update when we have done some local very Eco driving ;)

Thanks for your replies.

Back