Strange charging issues

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesoundsmith

A few days ago, my wife plugged in the Level 2 charger (with timer set for off-peak hours.) When I got in the car at 3PM, the display told me I was at 61% (after 15 hrs) and needed another 12:20 to complete. The heat was on (I have it set to go on at 3:40 when I leave at 3:45, but it was earlier than that). Plus, after disconnecting, I noticed the "delayy" light was on, and pushed it to set it off. instead, it blinked at me and turned back on. ???

I had enough range to get to work and back, and the next day the charge was at 100% as expected.

Today, after an overnight charge, it was only at 90% (and should have been 100%)

Any ideas what could be doing this? Something we are doing wrong? Last night when the cord was plugged in, we got the usual single center light for delayed charge, and it looked normal - but apparently was not.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I have not used the timer for charging, just climate. (my power is always the same rate)

But first I would disable the charge timer and see if you still have charging issues. Other than that, maybe try to get in and hit the EV button while it is charging and see if it is charging at a slow rate, or if it is at the expected rate and getting turned off by something at some time.

I -think- the climate timer will stop the battery from charging. Maybe you have the timer set for 3:40, but the clock is off?

My wife leaves before I get up, but she says the car is always a nice climate, so I assume my climate timer is working correctly.

Thanks for the ideas, but I don't belivieve that is the issue. I have been using it like that daily for two weeks without incident. Checked the Climate preset, it is normal - 100%, set for 3:40, clock is within 1 mon of maste Internet clock.

Today it was at 100%. :roll: Hope it stays that way.

Back