Charging Adaptors

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eisenhauerd

I have just bought a new Soul Ev. Overall I am very impressed. It is comfortable and has plenty of power, especially around town, which was one of my concerns. I have been living off of the 120 volt charger, but we have a once a week doctor trip that is about 80 miles round trip. I was told when I bought the car that there are level 1, 2 and 3 charging stations available all around the country. There is one close to the doctor, so I thought we would be fine. When we came down the first time, we found out this level 3 charging station is a Tessler station and it is not compatible with anything but Tessler Vehicles. In addition, there is no adapter available. Isn't this supposed to be standardized so everything is compatible?

Can you describe the word "Tessler" ?
If it's a "Tesla" car, yes ... Tesla Supercharger don't allow to use it without having a Tesla car.

Tesla_UK_Supercharger-668.jpg

To add to what SoulEV2016 said, Tesla Supercharger stations are restricted to Tesla vehicles because Tesla owners pay a premium when they buy the car, and in return they get free access to these fast chargers.

On the topic of your original concern, if you have a smartphone, you can get the PlugShare app. It shows chargers of all networks and levels, and with it you'd be able to see if there are any chargers near your doctor's office.

Back