check electrical vehicle system appears causing the car to come to a sudden stop

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theblokeman

hello there, I have a 2016 kia soul EV. today, on the way home from a restuarant, the kia soul came to a sudden stop while driving and showed the error. luckily, there were no cars behind me so I wasn't hurt but it was a really bad thing to happen and am scared to try driving it again till I have an idea of what's wrong. i've seen many people with the same error but different things triggered the error. I can't find anyone who had the same problem so I just wanted to ask. i've also heard that the error dissappears from the system when turning the car off. obviously I didn't have anything handy to check and was right next to a round about so it wouldn't have been the best spot to check.

Usuallly when something like that happens, the fault is recorded in the fault log. KIA dealers can access the log and see the details. Some faults can be accessed by third party OBD testers, such as SoulEV Spy, but some need the KIA proprietary equipment.

Back