Disconnecting the L2 Charger

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesoundsmith

We got a Clipper Creek charger, and it works great. But my question is this: in the manual, it implies you can disconnect the cable just by clicking and pulling. That does NOT happen, both of us have tried multiple times, the cable will NOT disconnect until we do something, and I am not sure what the minimum is - open the door, or perhaps just unlock it?

Or are we just clumsy? :p

You need to unlock the car. On the 2016 when the car locks it pushes a pin out that prevents the charger latch from being pressed so you can't disconnect the charger.

One of the gotchas is that after unlocking it will relock in 30s if the door isn't opened. In my case if I do an unlock on thee remote, unhook the cable and hang it up then walk around to the driver's door then it locks just as I get there. I work around this by unlocking and opening and closing door. That stops the 30s timer so then I can deal with the charger cable and then get in the car without it locking on me.

Thanks. That describes what happens, too bad the manual does not agree with the facts. (Not the ONLY significant typo, either. Better than early Japanese tech manuals, but still needs a good proofreader.)

The manual is definitely a modification of the one from the ICE Soul. I wonder if the editors ever drove an EV for a while, at least the prototypes, before editing it. I think not.

GizmoEV said:
The manual is definitely a modification of the one from the ICE Soul. I wonder if the editors ever drove an EV for a while, at least the prototypes, before editing it. I think not.
Yeah, there are some obviously irrelevant paragraphs - distance to gas stations... :)

And there are a number of examles of the wrong graphic as well.

If Kia needs a proofreader to proof their own proofer, I am willing to do the job for a free Soul EV+ :lol:

Back