eUVO Services in Canada, eh?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tls1

Hi All,

Just picked up my Lux with sunroof yesterday...amazing!

Whats going on with eUVO services in Canada? No app for us?

Anyone else build an app we can use?

Anyone have any info?

Cheers!
Terry

And BTW...

Even the map the comes with the car, is missing alot of POIs like charging stations at the Best Buy down the street from my office and another at the major shopping center couple of blocks away. The BB charger has been there for a couple of years, the shopping center, maybe 1 year.

How to check the release date of the map? And be sure I really got the latest?

Thanks!
Terry

I don't know about where you are, but the map on my Soul EV (I'm in BC) only shows ChargePoint charging stations. I think Kia must have got a deal with ChargePoint or something. You're much better off to get Plugshare or a similar app for your smartphone and use that to find charging stations. It seems to be pretty current.

No UVO eServices in Canada, and it's not about the app. Best guess is that Kia doesn't have a contract in place with Rogers/Bell/Telus for the car data connection.

Check the "Multimedia system Versions and Updates ?" thread in the technical forum. If you don't have an up to date version on your car then complain to the dealer. Even when you do have an up to date version as others have said then the charging POI are very out of date. I second the recommendation to check on plugshare for charging places.

Hi,

Thanks for the info... I also suspect it may have something to do with language... Quebec has language laws that state it must be in French... oh how we suffer!

Cheers!
Terry

Hi all,

I called Kia Canada about the new map (v10). I did ask about eServices in Canada. They told me its all about the language. Needs to be translated into French for Canada before they can give it away.

I said I would volunteer my translation services :)

I asked if it comes in English/Spanish for USA? They did not know... They could substitute French for Spanish for us...

Oh Well...thanks Quebec!

Regards,
Terry

Back