Kia Soul Ev 27 kwh

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrunoR

Hi
I am currently negotiating the purchase of a 2016 Kia E Soul 27 kw. It has 62000 km. The car appears to be in perfect condition and very well maintained.
I'm a little worried about the batteries because I don't know their real condition. Is there any quick test to see the degradation before purchasing?
What points of analysis should I pay more attention to before purchasing?
I m from Portugal

The Kia dealer can make a detailed report about the battery, but they need the car for that. They need to do that before they do any BMS upgrades on the car, otherwise it will take some time driving to get the car to know the real battery data again.

You can also ask if and when the battery was replaced.

Although not quick you can also drive the car almost empty and find out how far it will drive. Note that cold weather will make the car go less far. That's also true for fuel cars but people don't notice that.

I always calculate with guaranteed 150 km in the summer and 100 in the winter. This is at high way speeds of 100 km/h and with airco or heating turned on. Those were just easy number to calculate with, in real life I can usually drive farther. But there are always times when you have a strong headwind and rain and so on.

-
Am re-posting the warranty info for the manufacturer's Battery Capacity Warranty of the older 27kWh cars. There is a 70% limit based on the original usable capacity. It applies to the car not the first owner. This warranty is now reaching the end of the period covered.

The warranty manuals are here.
USA: 2017 Soul EV Warranty Manual
Canada: 2016 Soul EV Warranty Manual
UK: Warranty Terms and Exclusions

The Korean warranty is 10 years, 160,000km to 70% SOH.
The United States is 10 years, 100,000 miles to 70% SOH.
The Canadian warranty is 8 years, 160,000km to 70% SOH
The United Kingdom is 7 years, 100,000 miles to 70% SOH.
Europe is 7 years, 150,000km to 70% SOH.

Definitely check the battery SOH before buying this car because in Europe the Battery Capacity Warranty has expired.
Ask the owner to take it to Kia and then show you the report on battery health.
-

JejuSoul said:
-
Am re-posting the warranty info for the manufacturer's Battery Capacity Warranty of the older 27kWh cars. There is a 70% limit based on the original usable capacity. It applies to the car not the first owner. This warranty is now reaching the end of the period covered.

The warranty manuals are here.
USA: 2017 Soul EV Warranty Manual
Canada: 2016 Soul EV Warranty Manual
UK: Warranty Terms and Exclusions

The Korean warranty is 10 years, 160,000km to 70% SOH.
The United States is 10 years, 100,000 miles to 70% SOH.
The Canadian warranty is 8 years, 160,000km to 70% SOH
The United Kingdom is 7 years, 100,000 miles to 70% SOH.
Europe is 7 years, 150,000km to 70% SOH.

Definitely check the battery SOH before buying this car because in Europe the Battery Capacity Warranty has expired.
Ask the owner to take it to Kia and then show you the report on battery health.
-

What do you mean the capacity guarantee has expired? The 7 year warranty only expires next year

BrunoR said:
What do you mean the capacity guarantee has expired? The 7 year warranty only expires next year

I understand that the warranty expires 7 years after the date of first registration, so, if the car was first registered before 7 December 2016, the warranty has expired.

Back