Dash lights for abs, tc and(!) come on while driving.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopefulsoul

My 2016 has been flawless up til now. Twice while driving the abs, traction control and whatever (!) is have come on. I powered off and restarted and the lights were out. No reappearance for the remainder of the trip and not on consecutive trips. Had the 12v tested and it’s fine. Can’t find anything about it in the manual. Hoping to avoid dealer diagnostics. Any ideas?

Isn't that the low tire pressure warning light? A really low tire pressure would prevent the traction control system from working as well, I imagine. Check your tire pressures.

It seems to be an obvious speed sensor defect. It’s been intermittent and didn’t store the codes according to the dealer. When I took it in with the lights on they wanted me to make an appointment for them to run a diagnostic for $140 which might come up with nothing if the lights didn’t happen to be on. If they do find the fault they won’t subtract the fee from the total repair bill. They’ve started to seem very hostile to EVs lately. I did take it in with an appointment when the lights weren’t on and they couldn’t diagnose it. Even so, they wanted me to make another appointment to do the same thing and when I mentioned that it wasn’t very convenient they warned that taking it elsewhere for service would be bad because they wouldn’t be able to correctly reset the codes! I’m getting the lights more frequently so I’m going to Autozone to read the codes and if it reads speed sensors I may do it myself.

Autozone can’t read abs. Anyone know a code reader that will for $100 or less? Anyone know if the ev uses the same hubs and sensors in the back?

I’ve changed the rear wheel speed sensors myself. Does anyone know how to clear the codes?
So, after putting cheap sensors from Amazon on myself, I had the codes checked when the car was in for the latest EPB recall. They read them as malfunctioning sensors and couldn’t reset. So much for being cheap. I’ve ordered OEM sensor caps from a dealer at nearly half price and will replace them this week when it’s a little warmer. The job isn’t too difficult, but obviously would have been nice to do only once. Curious to see if the codes reset with the dealer parts. I got a refund from the seller of the cheap parts, but beware sellers with little feedback.

So, after putting cheap sensors from Amazon on myself, I had the codes checked when the car was in for the latest EPB recall. They read them as malfunctioning sensors and couldn’t reset. So much for being cheap. I’ve ordered OEM sensor caps from a dealer at nearly half price and will replace them this week when it’s a little warmer. The job isn’t too difficult, but obviously would have been nice to do only once. Curious to see if the codes reset with the dealer parts. I got a refund from the seller of the cheap parts, but beware sellers with little feedback.

We replaced the sensors yesterday. I have to say there’s some satisfaction in knowing how to do something the second time around. This time when I turned the car on the dash codes were all off. Let that be a lesson to me! No cheap Amazon parts!

Back