2015 Kia Soul EV vs. 2015 Nissan LEAF An Electrifying Battle

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That article has a misstatement: The Leaf's usable battery capacity is only 21kWh, with a total battery capacity of 24kWh. The Soul EV's usable battery capacity is 27kWh, with a total capacity that appears to be in the 30+ kWh range.

I've leased both and the review is spot-on. Right now, for the value-minded consumer (i.e., those who don't want to pay Tesla prices), the Soul EV is the best option.

Agree the Soul EV is the EV of choice right now. Unless you live in Tennessee.

Wish they would commit to a faster rollout of the vehicle. We get the sexy hamster adds on TV in Tennessee but no car.

Jagular said:
...Right now, for the value-minded consumer (i.e., those who don't want to pay Tesla prices), the Soul EV is the best option.
au contraire, by far, the best-value option is a used Leaf or i-MiEV.

Wonder how Kia is going to respond to '16 Leaf with 30 kWh battery coming in a few months with an estimated EPA of 105-110 miles.

The Electrifying Battle is about to intensify. I hope Kia spies already know this and a range redesign is on the table...

http://insideevs.com/2016-nissan-leaf-get-25-larger-battery/

With the GA tax incentives (which disappear at the end of the month, BTW), the Soul EV costs just a shade more than the ICE version of the Soul. If that isn't compelling I don't know what is. I still wouldn't buy an electric car, not without 200+ range, but as a lease it couldn't make more sense.

Back