Level 1 stops at 80%

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Latroon

I've had my Soul EV for two weeks. When I first got it, I trickle charged overnight to 100%.

Since that first time, it stops at exactly 80%. I've got the UVO set on 100%. When the UVO sends me a message that charging has stopped, I reset it to 100% again, it charges for a minute or so, then stops.

Suggestions, please? Thanks in advance.

The guy at my local dealership took out the main fuse, then put it back in. I'm back home, and the charge is up to 81%. Fingers crossed.....

johntox said:
Kia says only 80% allowed for 120 V charge to maximize life of battery

I've never heard that level 1 has anything to do with that. 80% is alleged to help with battery life, but you can certainly charge to 100% with either level 1 or 2. As the other poster said, check your onboard computer settings. It sounds like the toggle is set to 80% on the time delay.

As for level 3 charging, this is restricted to 80 - 83% to protect the battery, but that has more to do with the speed of the charge and very high input current. Perhaps that's what the Kia person meant...

Back