Questions about purchasing a 2016 Soul EV.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine started new at 110. Now it's 93 on a warm day BUT it frequently gets way more than the initial range indicated. I drive for range.
We got a new battery last summer and figure that the GOM is reading ~20 miles under real-world range.
We have run it down to ~10% and recharged to full a couple of times, but it's not corrected itself.

Scheduled for the BMS and EPB recalls later this month, so we'll see how the former impacts range.

Be wary. I write this on hour 6 of my current visit to a Kia dealer. Kia had my Soul EV+ for 7 months, replacing gearbox and (supposedly) the BMS update and battery harness. After 2 weeks, complete battery failure, as described in the safety recall. Back to Kia this morning via tow. Now they are refusing a loaner until engineers in Korea have reviewed the diagnostics. Don't be mislead by the supposed 120 range; it's not real.
Another post that gives me pause in undertaking the BMS recall. Thanks.

I bought mine from the beginning, and had the HV battery replaced in Dec 2023 with a remanufactured pack. Tested with some small one day road trips with DC fast charging where needed. had OBD plugged in and checked via Car Scanner/ABRP - Temps seem normal, voltage on the cells is consistent, state of health says 110% (which is confusing, but I assume it's to do with the fact the newer cells have ever so slightly more energy density), but the battery works, no overheating, no turtle. I'll use it until I can't anymore and then that'll be that I suppose.

I'll update again once summer comes (in Vancouver, which recently has had heat waves)...

I bought mine from the beginning, and had the HV battery replaced in Dec 2023 with a remanufactured pack. Tested with some small one day road trips with DC fast charging where needed. had OBD plugged in and checked via Car Scanner/ABRP - Temps seem normal, voltage on the cells is consistent, state of health says 110% (which is confusing, but I assume it's to do with the fact the newer cells have ever so slightly more energy density), but the battery works, no overheating, no turtle. I'll use it until I can't anymore and then that'll be that I suppose.

I'll update again once summer comes (in Vancouver, which recently has had heat waves)...
My reman battery was installed in Sept of 2022 and it's been flawless so far, no degradation in 14k miles with current ranges between 110 - 119 miles with a full charge in the 365 day warm climate of Hawaii, so I'm rolling with the status quo and holding off on the BMS recall.

My reman battery was installed in Sept of 2022 and it's been flawless so far, no degradation in 14k miles with current ranges between 110 - 119 miles with a full charge in the 365 day warm climate of Hawaii, so I'm rolling with the status quo and holding off on the BMS recall.
nice. forgot to say mine already had the BMS recall done since Kia Vancouver already did their review while the battery was being installed, so we'll see how it goes. I'm getting (at 100%) about 156-160km on the GOM, but I haven't really driven it down to the single digit %s like Bjorn did on his youtube video (chickened out and went to a charging station :D)

Back