Refurbished or reconditioned EV battery for 2016 soul, EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newsongs

I have a 2016 Kia soul EV. I purchased it as “salvaged” and it does not have a warranty.

Because of the cost of a new battery is exorbitant, I cannot afford it. I have heard of reconditioned or refurbished batteries for this car. Can anyone point me toward a place that does this? I live in sandiego County.

Thank you so much. It’s my only way to really continue to use an otherwise beautiful car.

You might try contacting your local auto wreckers (or https://car-part.com) to find a battery from a previously wrecked Soul EV. They are all connected via the internet now so you can quickly search across most wrecker lots. Ideally you could find one that already has had the original battery replaced, but I'm not sure how you can tell that. Maybe there is a special part number or something on the battery itself?

Check and see if your 2016 is covered by the battery fire recall. Regardless of mileage you're in it.

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, I don't have real-time information on the availability of reconditioned or refurbished batteries for a 2016 Kia Soul EV in San Diego County. However, I can provide you with some general insights on where you might find such batteries and the potential benefits of opting for reconditioned or refurbished ones.

San Diego County, like many metropolitan areas, often has a variety of automotive service providers, including those specializing in electric vehicles (EVs) or hybrid vehicles. When it comes to reconditioned or refurbished batteries for a 2016 Kia Soul EV, consider checking with authorized Kia service centers, independent auto repair shops, or specialized electric vehicle repair facilities.

Reconditioned or refurbished batteries can be a cost-effective alternative to purchasing a brand-new battery. They are often batteries that have undergone thorough testing, repairs, and reconditioning processes to restore their performance and extend their lifespan. It's essential to choose a reputable provider that follows industry standards and provides warranties for their refurbished products.

Additionally, online marketplaces and platforms may offer reconditioned batteries, but it's crucial to verify the source and reputation of the seller to ensure the quality of the product.

Before making any decisions, consult with automotive experts or technicians familiar with electric vehicles to assess your specific battery needs and determine whether a reconditioned or refurbished option is suitable for your 2016 Kia Soul EV.

Keep in mind that the availability of such batteries may vary, and it's advisable to contact local service providers directly for the most up-to-date information on the availability of reconditioned or refurbished batteries for your Kia Soul EV in San Diego County.

oliverfrancis said:
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022,
This is a response by ChatGPT. I assume January 2022 is when the knowledge base of ChatGPT was last updated.
But there is no spam link in this post, so why was this posted?

The use of AI bots on such an insignificant forum as this is really strange.
Unless this is now ubiquitous and AI bots are posting everywhere.

JejuSoul said:
oliverfrancis said:
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022,
This is a response by ChatGPT. I assume January 2022 is when the knowledge base of ChatGPT was last updated.
But there is no spam link in this post, so why was this posted?

The use of AI bots on such an insignificant forum as this is really strange.
Unless this is now ubiquitous and AI bots are posting everywhere.

Ah yes, the Singularity is upon us! ... I guess I expected more than seemingly random and overly wordy milquetoast posts to message forums, but perhaps there's more going on under the covers. ;)

Back