Kia buy back

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just contacted by corporate Kia, offering to buy back my vehicle. Can anyone who has gone through this share the buyback amount they were offered, and how well the process worked?

I haven't gone thru the complete process. I originally paid $13,300 for a 2016 Kia Soul EV+ (MSRP ~38K) in 2019. In Feb of this year, Kia offered me $10,100 for the vehicle: I think this was a fair offer. The car is in very good shape and has about 40K miles on the odometer. Unfortunately, it is a victim of the High-Voltage Battery Recall fiasco and has been sitting at the dealers since Feb. awaiting a new battery. I loved the vehicle and would prefer to have the battery replaced under warrantee and the vehicle returned to me in good condition. Consequently, I did not accept Kia's buy-back offer. I will wait awhile longer hoping for the best but if a new battery doesn't ever materialize, I will probably apply for another buy-back offer, which I am assuming they will offer, as it is probably cheaper to buy the car back than to replace the battery. I am guessing they eventually will replace the battery but don't know how long this could take. If I had accepted the repurchase offer, Kia indicated it would take 60-90 days to complete the process, which I imagine would involve the local Kia dealer, but I have no great insight into the final steps of the process. Good luck!

I haven't gone thru the complete process. I originally paid $13,300 for a 2016 Kia Soul EV+ (MSRP ~38K) in 2019. In Feb of this year, Kia offered me $10,100 for the vehicle: I think this was a fair offer. The car is in very good shape and has about 40K miles on the odometer. Unfortunately, it is a victim of the High-Voltage Battery Recall fiasco and has been sitting at the dealers since Feb. awaiting a new battery. I loved the vehicle and would prefer to have the battery replaced under warrantee and the vehicle returned to me in good condition. Consequently, I did not accept Kia's buy-back offer. I will wait awhile longer hoping for the best but if a new battery doesn't ever materialize, I will probably apply for another buy-back offer, which I am assuming they will offer, as it is probably cheaper to buy the car back than to replace the battery. I am guessing they eventually will replace the battery but don't know how long this could take. If I had accepted the repurchase offer, Kia indicated it would take 60-90 days to complete the process, which I imagine would involve the local Kia dealer, but I have no great insight into the final steps of the process. Good luck!
Thanks for this post. The details may be very useful to many of us. I am currently ignoring my BMS recall notice, as I love this car and have a really excellent battery. (Um, you know, provided it doesn't spontaneously combust!)

I contacted Strategic Legal Practices in Century City, Los Angeles, uploaded some docs and pointed them to this Kia Soul forum for more owners with our recall and buy back problems about 3 weeks ago. They called me back 2 weeks ago but being cell phone challenged at 77 YO, I missed the call AND the friggin' msg. Anyway, I'm calling them on Mon at 310 277 1040. Maybe you guys could also reach out to them and we can get a class action lawsuit going and maybe the publicity will get Kia Corporate going. Fingers crossed.

Back